Our story is about helping you tell yours.
We help businesses make first impressions and lasting connections.
Our team have worked not just locally, but across Australia — bringing years of experience at top creative agencies in Melbourne to the Hunter.
We love to help businesses communicate clearly and express their personalities through clever positioning, branding and strategy.
Shorthand for your brand
Your brand leaves its mark wherever it goes, so why not be intentional with the impression you make? Our name, taken from the classic writing-system of symbolic abbreviation, represents the fundamentals of our work — distilling the essence of a brand and expressing it visually.
Big agency experience,
small studio sensibility
We are intentionally small, favouring quality over quantity. We don’t have account managers or a sales team, so you know you will be working directly with us. This allows us to be more flexible, attentive and affordable than bigger agencies. We bring our top-end agency experience to projects of all sizes, partnering with brands from Sydney to San Francisco.
Awards, features & publications
- Modern Heraldry 2, Counterprint Books (2020)
- Activity Manual, DesignerBooks (2019)
- Interview, Hunter Hunter (2018)
- A Formula to Brand Success, Hunter Headline (2016)
- Interview, Creative Women’s Circle (2016)
- Honeysuckle Branding Feature, Behance (2016)
- Modern Heraldry, Counterprint Books (2015)
- Monogram Logo, Counterprint Books (2014)
- Gold Award of Excellence, Communicator Awards (2014)
- Interview, Women of Graphic Design (2014)
- Interview, The Young Ones Magazine (2014)
- Under Consideration: For Print Only (2014)
- Studio Proper Branding Feature, Behance (2014)
Who we are
Amanda is an experienced director and versatile designer in her own right. On the back of working for some of the most respected agencies in Melbourne, she shifts confidently across a range of applied design forms, from branding to websites and everything in-between. She has been profiled in The Young Ones magazine and Women of Graphic Design and her design work has been published internationally. Amanda is shaping the next generation of designers by teaching at the School of Creative Industries at her alma mater, the University of Newcastle.
We believe in picking the right team for your project — be it writers, photographers, developers and animators, we grow and flex on a project-by-project basis to suit your projects specific needs.
“Shorthand have now delivered two brands for me at different organisations and their work is consistently excellent. Professional, easy to work with and great design.”
Interested in partnering with us on your next project? Let’s talk!Contact Us